We are looking to add a Microsoft Solution Architect to our team to help manage the growth we’ve experienced over the past 24 months. Our passion for helping businesses maximize our technology is exceeded only by our passion for having fun. We’re smart. But the reason we’ve achieved our level of growth is by continuing to re-define a robust and reliable process that ensures fantastic service for our clients. Take care of the process, and it takes care of you.
We’re creating some amazing opportunities for top performers. If you’re ready to grow with us, we want to hear from you!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. RELATIONSHIP BUILDING AND MANAGEMENT
• Follow our set pre-sales methodology and business processes.
• Understand and manage the customer product requirements and manage customer delivery expectations.
• Advise and educate customers on product offering.
• Assist in answering RFI, RFPs, and tenders.
• Partner management by building and maintaining solid relationships with third-party vendors.
• Drive customer loyalty by establishing long-term, trusted relationships with clients.
• Communicate effectively to important stakeholders.
• Facilitate presentations to customers.
• Manage customer proof of concept initiatives including resourcing, technologies deployed, environment set-up and alignment to customer requirements.
• Demonstrate that you are a respected advisor in your technology area through customer requests for information and presentations.
• Achievement of yearly targets by ensuring the sales team is fully enabled to sell to meet these targets.
• Maintain forecasting and the sales pipeline to influence future deals.
• Refer relevant and viable sales opportunities internally.
2. DESIGN & DOCUMENTATION OF TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS
• Expert Microsoft product (Active Directory, Exchange, HyperV, Azure, Office 365, EMS, etc.) knowledge to prepare plans for clients.
• Ensure proposals are accurate and current for the customer and that these are delivered on time.
• Ensure that designs are focused on customer requirements and business objectives.
• Facilitate and conduct, where necessary, site surveys and feasibility studies to establish solution proposals.
• Ensure that architectural design and systems implementation adhere to the latest technology releases.
• Provide thought leadership to address architecture design shortfalls in current systems. Actively create client solutions that enable business goals and performance by collaborating with appropriate business partners.
• Investigate strategic IT trends and advise on the impact and alignment required.
• Ensure all designs align with the existing architecture and future roadmap of the company, its partners, and its clients.
• Proposals are promptly and accurately delivered to customers and match customer requirements.
• Two Roadmap/Vendor promotion sessions completed per specialization internally and to customers by Architects per quarter.
• Two assessments across the client base with recommendations given internally and to the client per quarter.
3. DESIGN IMPLEMENTATION AND HANDOVER
• Evaluate project rollouts and implementation to ensure that the prescribed architecture is followed.
• Consult and collaborate with the infrastructure team to ensure proposed architecture is adequately supported by the network, database and security roadmaps of the client.
• Advise customers on best business practices about their adopted technologies.
• Ensure all team members are made aware of accreditations and certifications available from our vendor.
• Align with current IT trends and technologies.
• Ensure all team members are made aware of accreditations and certifications available from vendors.
• Implementations adhere to the design documentations.
• The designs and architectures are updated to match the as-built documents where required.
• Stay up-to-date with partner and supplier’s technologies.
• Completion of certifications as required by the role, suppliers, and partners.
• Ensuring successful transference of skills and knowledge learned through experience to the team.
• Observing organizational alertness: understanding how this profile relates to other jobs, company structure, policies and procedures, and processes to contribute meaningfully to this role in its entirety.
• Construction and maintenance of a Lab environment with which to test, develop and present required technologies.
• Active personal development using continuous learning (formally and informally): identifying developmental areas and actively creating and taking advantage of all available learning opportunities.
• Positive approach and attitude.
• Certifications are completed as required.
• Frequent supplier and partner technology sessions are held.
• Lab environment is stable and available when required.
5. MENTORSHIP AND KNOWLEDGE SHARE
• Mentor and guide the sales team, engineers, and consultants in their product knowledge, as well as product support and product specialist team members.
• Provide training to customers and internal staff.
• Ensure that the sales team and technical staff are up to date with the latest technological advances and offerings from suppliers and partners.
• Provide technical knowledge transfer sessions every three months or when new technology becomes available.
• Assist technical staff in exam preparation.
• Technical staff is aware of new technologies and product availability.
This job profile is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be a complete list of the qualifications required. Job holders may be required to meet new minimum job requirements and perform additional/different duties as determined and communicated by their superiors from time to time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
IT and Business Tertiary Qualifications
Completed and current MCSE/MCITP Qualification
ITIL Foundation Qualification
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong analytical skills and complex problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to deal with all levels of the business and technology organizations
• Experience with TOGAF and other EA frameworks
• Able to collaborate and communicate ideas to team members, clients and vendors to lead, take ownership and manage the implementation of a solution
• Strong IT and Architecture governance skills
• Familiar with IT industry standards
• Experience in defining conceptual, logical and physical architecture models
• Experience with Business Architecture Capability and process modeling
• Project-based engineering experience
7+ years of relevant experience in professional IT services, sales or customer support operations. Previous experience as a Solution/Application/Technical Architect position. Proven Microsfot solutions consulting experience in large enterprises.
It is vital that the candidate has good business acumen, solid technical knowledge of telecommunications and ICT products and solutions. The candidate is expected to interact with sales, operations, marketing, executives, customers, third party vendors and technical installations team. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Cloud technologies, including but not limited to Office 365, EMS and Azure IaaS.