Marathon Consulting was named one of the Best Places to work in NYC Technology in October 2014 and we are growing!
We were also recognized in the 2014 and 2015 edition of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies and are continuing to expand our service team to help businesses in New York City!
All of this growth means it’s time to add a Service Manager to guide our expanding Service Team.
Our team currently processes an average of ten thousand tickets per month between both automation and hands-on engineer time. And we expect this number to continue to rise as we grow. That’s where you come in. The Service Team at Marathon Consulting will continue to provide round-the-clock, white-glove support to our domestic and international clients under the guidance of our newly created Service Manager position.
The Service Manager will directly manage all employees who are part of the service team and ensure that the right resources are being used where they will have the most impact. The Service Manager will also be responsible for exceeding client expectations. Interacting with the Service Team is the main way clients experience the value Marathon provides, so your team is a key factor in our success. Marathon’s long-term success is built on these relationships and the Service Manager will play a key role in nurturing these valuable assets.
The Service Manager will represent the Service Team in the sales process and work alongside the Project Manager and Client Account Managers to ensure the appropriate solutions are in place for each client. The Service Manager will have P&L responsibility and be responsible for department gross profit and agreement gross profit.
Ready to dive in? Here is how you can help Marathon continue to grow
- • Direct management of service team employees, ticket resource allocation, and ticket goals.
- • Manage a team of engineers in multiple locations, including remote, working in different shifts, and on-call to cover international 24×7 operations.
- • Motivate support engineers through performance coaching, career planning, and objective setting.
- • Provide constructive feedback to achieve success.
- • Create team-building exercises to increase productivity and culture in the environment.
- • Manage and maintain engineer on-call rotations.
- • Personally provide hands-on service support to act as a capacity buffer during those times when service demand exceeds available resources.
- • Construct, gather, report, and manage KPIs and metrics for the team.
- • Direct and indirect training of new and existing employees.
- • Interface with clients regularly to maintain high customer satisfaction while communicating infrastructure deficiencies and needs to the client.
- • Take part in the on call rotation.
- • Using a strong attention to detail, identify opportunities for improvement in client environments and educate each client on why we are making the recommendations.
- • Aid in the sales process, working with clients throughout the year to establish budgeting and long-term infrastructure goals, identify deficiencies in infrastructure, and manage expectations.
- • Spend a substantial amount of time speaking with clients on the phone or in person at their offices to develop each relationship.
Department Finances and Operational Management
- • Quality assurance on service items throughout the service lifecycle.
- • Present reports defining service ticket statistics, problems and solutions.
- • P&L responsibility in regards to the Service Team operations.
- • Improve productivity and quality by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training, processes, reporting, and employee engagement.
- • Work with the Director of Technical Services and the continuous improvement team to support, develop, and improve services, processes and functions within the Service Team by incorporating ITIL and other industry best practices.
- • Work with and follow up with vendors and partners concerning products and service issues.
Sales Consulting and Support
- • Aid in the sales process, including pre-sales support, client meetings, and proposal creation.
- • Aid in the post-sales and project process, including assisting the Project Managers, Client Account Managers, and resources assigned.
The Right Candidate:
Here’s the technical stuff you’re going to need:
- • Certification requirement: A+, Net+, MCP, AWS TP, ITIL Service Operations, HDI.
- • Experience requirement: 2+ years in a management or leadership position.
- • Bachelor’s degree.
- • Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- • Strong time management skills.
- • Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- • Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication.
- • Ability to travel reasonable distances by foot/subway in all weather conditions.
- • Ability to work sitting, using a keyboard, and speaking on the phone hours at a time.
- • Ability to type over 45 wpm in an error-adjusted speed test.
- • Understanding of support and/or call center best practices.
Still with us? Here are soft skills that will need to come with the technical chops:
- • Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- • Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy in high-stress environments.
- • Ability to work with multiple personalities, including difficult ones.
- • Ability to resolve confrontations using excellent communication skills.
- • Strong customer-facing demeanor with excellent social skills and top-notch “bedside manner.”
- • Strong desire and keen interest to constantly be learning.
- • Meticulous and detail oriented.
- • Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- • Willingness and ability to teach and train others.
Compensation and Benefits:
- • We pay for your certifications
- • Direct training on the HDI industry standard certification
- • Competitive salary
- • Excellent health benefits, 401K, Company Zip Car Account
- • 3 weeks PTO + holidays + your birthday as paid time off
- • Company outings (we love our Yankees season tickets!) and a Holiday party that has become legendary.
The Marathon Way:
- Work hard. Play hard – Our passion for helping small businesses with technology is exceeded only by our passion for having fun.
- Process, Process, Process – Sure, we’re smart. But the reason we’ve achieved our level of growth is by continuing to re-define a robust and reliable process that ensures amazing service for our clients. Take care of the process and it takes care of you.
- Partnerships work both ways – We’re not an IT Support “vendor” – we are truly a partner to our clients. Customers are loyal to us because we take the time to recommend and deploy solutions that not only meet their needs and budgets…but also adhere to our best practices. All three pieces must align for the partnership to succeed.
- Start with the person in the mirror – We are committed to being accountable for our day-to-day activities, our solutions and our client relationships.
- Integrity and Candor – The foundation of everything we do. Be honest with clients, with peers and with yourself. Speak your mind with respect and watch powerful things happen.
- You are “The Talent” – We believe every employee brings their own special talent to the delicious brew that is Marathon. We embrace confident, kind, team players. Lone wolves and primadonnas? Not so much.
Ready to make a difference for yourself and others?