WordPress was once viewed primarily as a blogging platform. But it has developed into one of the most popular website publishing tools on the Internet. Tech Crunch recently reported that about one fifth of new domains in the U.S. run on WordPress. And it may amaze you to learn that one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- WordPress offers dynamic page generation. This means no more reconstructing all your pages each time you update your website! Updating your site’s content and design is simple and fast, and the necessary server storage space usage is nominal.
- You can get a subdomain for free! After you register with WordPress to get a free site, you can easily name your free subdomain like this: www.yourname.wordpress.org.
- The ‘Famous 5 minute install’. If you have already purchased and are hosting your domain in another place, WordPress can be installed quickly and easily. And have no fear – coding is not necessary.
- Are there minimum requirements? Yes, if you are hosting your own website outside of WordPress, there are a few requirements to take into account. To get the appropriate support at some point, you will have to ensure that you have the correct MySQL and PHP versions on your server.
- There are scores of great looking templates (known as “themes”) available from different sources on the Internet. Many are free, some are not. In any case, determing the best design for your website is quick and easy.
- WordPress offers centralized management for all your pages, posts, multimedia assets, and reader comments. It’s also really easy to manage users and user profiles.
- WordPress has many plugins produced by users that make e-commerce simple. You can advertise, review, and even sell products using these with no need to look for additional add-ons.